Ok, so I realise that although I have ‘flown the nest’, I have flown into someone else’s (am currently living with the boyfriend’s parents) but these are some thoughts that I’ve been having over the Christmas period:
- I really want to make my room festive this year. Christmas tree, tinsel, paper chains, THE LOT. Let’s get the festive spirit going!
- Christ, how much are Christmas trees?! Bloody hell, hm, maybe a sprig of holly will do instead…
- Wish I could go home right now to decorate the tree. I wonder if Mum and Dad will put chocolates on the tree again, like when I was a kid? Am I too old for that now?
- OMG what if they don’t get me a stocking this year?! Then my childhood will literally be OVER. Ring Dad NOW.
- Ok, maybe I’ve grown out of stockings and tree chocolates (HA, as if!) but it’s acceptable to make my own mulled wine now and drink it every night until Christmas, yes?
- Maybe I should try to lose weight now, so that I can gorge myself silly over Christmas?
- Nah, it’s the holiday season. And it’s cold. Really cold. I need this extra layer of fat to keep me warm, it’s necessary
- I need an advent calendar, how else am I going to persuade myself to get up every dark, cold, wintery morning? Maybe I should get two… January is pretty sucky too….
- Maybe I should get one of those fancy posh benefit ones, that have make-up in them for every day, or a yankee candles one! Yes, what a fabulously grand idea, and much more grown-up than the chocolate ones….
- Good God how expensive are they?! Boofle advent calendar for me then…
- How weird will it be when I’m old and host Christmas at my house?! OMG imagine buying a stocking and advent calendars for my own kids! Too weird…
- Is it weird that when I see diet coke this time of year, it makes me think of Christmas? Stupid branding! Damn, I missed the coca cola truck coming to Cardiff this month, GAH
- Santa is quite a creepy figure if you really think about it… deciding which children are naughty or nice, and watching when they are sleeping… damn getting older, ruining all my childhood joys
- I wonder if I’ll tell my kids about Santa? OMG I’m thinking about kids again please stop brain STOP.
- Maybe I’ll do some baking this year… HA, as if, I haven’t even left enough time to buy all the presents. The whole ‘running out of the office to buy one present at lunch time’ thing just isn’t working atm.
- I’m not sure if I can’t wait for Christmas, or can’t wait for a lie-in. Full time work is hard
- Life is hard
- But still, CHRISTMASSSSSSS!!!
Happy holidays everyone!!!